Friday, July 31, 2020
This standard establishes and describes the duties, authority, and responsibility of the Quality Control (QC) Team Member. The Quality Control (QC) Team Member is selected and appointed by and derives this authority from the Quality Assurance Manager.
It is the responsibility of the Quality Control (QC) Team Member to support manufacturing quality through all processes. The Quality Control (QC) Team Member is to work in conjunction with all departments regarding the successful implementation and execution of manufacturing quality plans.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute accurate and effective Quality Control Patrols
- Execute accurate and timely First Piece Processes
- Support manufacturing quality with needed CMM; Comparator and on floor inspections.
- Communicate with Machinists and Leaders regarding quality concerns and resolutions.
- Log and control the incoming and outgoing gauging for Latva Machine and its customers.
- Calibrate all internal gauging on schedule or up to one month prior to its due date
- Set all gauging including, but not limited to: Dial bores, Sunnen two point Gages, Johnson style 3 pt. Pitch diameter Gages, Indicator sticks and Indicals.
- Deliver the set gauging to the setup operator at his machine in accordance to the Gage request schedule.
- Conduct Quality Audits as needed and as time permits.
As a member of the Latva Team, this position will assist in covering various roles as needed throughout the facility.
Duties not necessarily indicated above which arise within operations will accordingly be included in this position, in addition to special assignments from Management.
- Strong knowledge of GD & T and Blue Print Interpretation.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years Quality experience.
- Knowledgeable in GageTrak functions.
- Must be proficient in layout inspection.
- Knowledgeable of CMM operation.
- Knowledge of Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- Knowledgeable of all inspection equipment used in a standard job shop and their proper use, calibration, and set-up.
- Must be professional and possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Some understanding of computer skills.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Must have the ability to participate effectively in group meetings.
OTHER SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Work cross functionally with all departments within the facility.
- Must be professional, possess excellent interpersonal skills, and have the ability to handle sensitive, confidential situations.
- Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Must be able to effectively interact and communicate with outside customers and individuals at all levels of the company.
- Work requires continuous attention to detail.
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and portray demonstrated abilities to manage multiple competing tasks and demands.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Physical activity including bending, reaching, walking, standing and periods of sitting.
Latva Machine is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Questions? Get in touch with us!