CNC Machinist – Grade One (2nd Shift)
It is the responsibility of the CNC Machinist – Grade One to efficiently use company assets to produce quality parts in a controlled environment with minimal scrap.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Mastery of Operator-Machinist capabilities
- Sets up new jobs in a timely manner with minimal supervision
- Completes basic edits to CNC programs – optimizing Surface Footage (SFM), Chip Load and Depth of Cut (DOC)
- Performs timely and accurate setups of repeat work orders without supervision
- Duties not necessarily indicated above which arise within operations will accordingly be included in this position, in addition to special assignments from Management.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), and three years’ experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of computer software applications related to manufacturing environment with the ability to learn unique computer programs.
Other skills required:
- Work cross functionally with all departments within the facility.
- Must be professional, possess excellent interpersonal skills, and have the ability to handle sensitive, confidential situations.
- Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Must be able to effectively interact and communicate with outside customers and individuals at all levels of the company.
- Work requires continuous attention to detail.
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and portray demonstrated abilities to manage multiple competing tasks and demands.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Physical activity including bending, reaching, walking, standing and periods of sitting.
Latva Machine is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Class A Machinist (1st and 2nd Shift)
Class A Machinist for 1st & 2nd Shift
Latva Machine is looking for skilled and team-oriented Class A CNC Machinists!
$1,000 sign on bonus for new hires after 90 days!
Paying up to $34/hr 1st shift and a 10% 2nd shift differential!
Why join the Latva Machine team?
- Competitive compensation packages
- $1,000 sign on bonus and $1,000 referral program
- Competitive Benefits Package– Medical/Dental/Vision
- Life Insurance and Health Savings Accounts
- Earned time off
- Competitive 401k matching
- Employee Assistance Program
Latva Machine is committed to providing industry leading career growth opportunities to our employees!
Latva Machine is an AS9100 Precision CNC machining company with a longstanding history of producing the industry’s most demanding and challenging products at the highest level. Our daily commitment to being the quality assurance leader in the United States within the Aerospace, Military, and High-Tech markets has resulted in substantial growth opportunities for our team.
- Setup and operate to exacting tolerances, milling machines, vertical boring mills, and radial drills from prints, sketches and/or verbal instructions
- Troubleshoot problems and promote a team environment
- Ability to write CNC Programs
- Continuously researching and improving new tooling, processes, and procedures.
- Ability to design fixtures and quality plans
- Provide cross training to team
- Mastery Machinist Class A capabilities
- Experience in using and/or programming manual, semi-automated or automated tools and machines (lathes, grinders etc.)
- Ability to use precision tools (e.g. calipers) to take accurate measurements
- Knowledge of the properties of metal and other material
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and manuals
- Strong math and analytical capabilities
- High school diploma or equivalent; completion of vocational training or an apprenticeship a plus
- Physical stamina and strength to lift heavy items
- Additional duties as assigned including but not limited to special assignments to meet customer demand