Tuesday, April 12, 2022
It is the responsibility of the CNC Machinist – Grade One to efficiently use company assets to produce quality parts in a controlled environment with minimal scrap.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Mastery of Operator-Machinist capabilities
- Sets up new jobs in a timely manner with minimal supervision
- Completes basic edits to CNC programs – optimizing Surface Footage (SFM), Chip Load and Depth of Cut (DOC)
- Performs timely and accurate setups of repeat work orders without supervision
- Duties not necessarily indicated above which arise within operations will accordingly be included in this position, in addition to special assignments from Management.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), and three years’ experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of computer software applications related to manufacturing environment with the ability to learn unique computer programs.
Other skills required:
- Work cross functionally with all departments within the facility.
- Must be professional, possess excellent interpersonal skills, and have the ability to handle sensitive, confidential situations.
- Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Must be able to effectively interact and communicate with outside customers and individuals at all levels of the company.
- Work requires continuous attention to detail.
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and portray demonstrated abilities to manage multiple competing tasks and demands.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Physical activity including bending, reaching, walking, standing and periods of sitting.
Latva Machine is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Questions? Get in touch with us!